domingo, 29 de agosto de 2010

1839, 21 de Fevereiro - THE TIMES

1839

21 de Fevereiro

THE times

M. DAGUERRE’S DISCOVERY.

TO THE EDITOR OF THE TIMES.

Sir, - Reading in a newspaper last week that a German had found out M. Daguerre’s secret, I was so impreased with that testimony to the possibility of seixing a shadow, that I thought ever all the little I knew of light, colours, and chymistry ; the next day, the 15th inst., I took a piece of writing paper, hastily prepared by msyself, placed it behind the lens of a camera obscura made on the spur of the moment, and obtained a satisfactory result, for the trees in front of my house were produced, but not the parts agitated by the wind. Since that, I have obtained, progressively improving, several landscapes, which may be called most appositely “lucigraphs” I mentien my hulmble effort as corroborative of the reality or feasibility of M. Daguerre’s beautiful discovery ; and I can readily conceive that in a very short time the traveller’s portmanteau will not be complete without the very portable means of procuring a lucigraph at pleasure. I remain your obedient servent.

Welney, Wisbeach, Feb. 18

CLERICUS.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário